I landed in Brisbane on December 30th with my boyfriend Ethan. This would now be our "home" for the next 7/8ish months. So far I have been here 5 and I thought I would put together a little guide of my favorite shopping, drinking, eating, and "tourist" attractions. Brisbane is crazy about coffee and there is WAY too many to name so ill put a few favs. As well as quite a list of vintage shopping in the 'burbs. Another nice thing about Brisbane is you are only a 45 minute drive to the Gold Coast for some amazing beaches!! I hope you enjoy my favorite places to go and things to see in my temporary home.
1. Queenstreet mall, a outdoor mall full of everything from fast fashion, department, and high end luxery.
2. Adelaide street & Elizabeth street which are two streets just off of queen st mall.
3. For thrifting and vintage there are plenty.
- Retro Metro in Paddington
- Salvos in Newstead & Vinnies next door
- SWOP in the CBD and West End the west end and the CBD
4. James St in Fortitude Valley is beautiful. With Australian boutiques, art galleries, home stores and plenty of food.
1. Cafe Brisbane (CBD)
2. Brooklyn Depot (Southbank)
3. Harajuku Gyoza (Southbank)
4. Jimmys on the mall (Queen St Mall)
5. Thrive (CBD)
1. Nodo (Newstead)
2. Coffee Club (all over)
3. Brew (CBD) which is coffee shop in day and bar at night
4. Denim co (Southbank)
5. Bonsai Botanika (CBD)
1. The Wheel of Brisbane
2. City botanic gardens
3. Mt. Coot-tha
4. Free city ferry around the river
5. Suitcase rummage in George square
6. Roma street parklands
7. City beach (Southbank)
8. GOMA, Queensland Art Gallery, Queensland Museum
9. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
1. Desirable nails on adelaide st
2. Wild at Heart tattoo shop (CBD)
3. Alfred St tattoo (Mermaid Beach)